Tuesday 19 June 2007

Friends of Old...

This often puzzles me:

We go to school for years, often growing up with the same people we started with in kindergarten. We spend vast amounts of time with these people--they are a major part of our lives. Then comes high school grad. It is here that many of us go our separate ways--to different colleges/universities or out in the workforce. It's at this stage of the game that the friendships we've created and the times we've shared seem to become a distant memory. It's happened. We've drifted apart.

But why is this?! Why do we let our friendships dissolve into history? What sense does this make?

Maybe it's because of my personality--friendships and relationships are very important to me. It comes very naturally for me to try to make every effort to keep in touch with those who I was close to and that I don't see anymore. More often than not I'm left on a one way street, so to speak. I'm the one doing all the talking but there's very little communication on the other end.

Am I all by my lonesome on this line of thinking!?!

It just gets me to think that we spend so much time with these people--truly enjoying their company and companionship--and then just throw it off like it never happend. That's a lot of time and energy invested into those friendships! I really can't understand why anyone would just want to disregard it after all of that.

Well, I could go on but I would pretty much be saying the same thing over and over again...enough of my ranting for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment