Friday 8 June 2007

Inspiring Lines

Two little lines have peaked my attention and thoughts the last couple of days:

Don’t just count the days; make each day count.

This one comes a little more naturally for me--I've always tried to be positive and thankful in every situation I'm thrown into. Sometimes it's hard, but I've tried to adjust to my surroundings and roll with the punches with my usual carefree, happy-go-lucky spirit. This line hit home, though. It put into words how I try to live life.
For example, one day when I found out I hadn't landed a job I had interviewed for, my best friend said "Will you just try to show a little disappointment for once!!"
I seriously hope this attitude is contagious--it's far better than wallowing in misery. It helps you get over life's blows far easier.
It also makes you think of another line: "This is the first day of the rest of your life." It, too, makes you think--I can't change the past, but I do have a say in what I choose and do today. I can make a difference--somewhere, somehow. But it's up to me to step out and dare to make that difference.

The harder you work at what you should be, the less you’ll try to hide what you are.

Isn't that the truth?! Sometimes we're so wrapped up in trying to keep others from seeing our faults and insecurities that we fail to do something about them. Who do you admire more: The guy who goofs up but tries to cover it up or blame it on someone else or the guy who stands up in front of everyone and admits he was wrong. I admire the second by far--it takes guts to do that!

Something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment